Every two years, the international multi-disciplinary conference Measuring Behavior is organized and held in Europe. If you are a behavioral researcher, you really shouldn’t miss it. Why?
Here are 10 reasons why you should attend Measuring Behavior 2016!
10 reasons why you should attend Measuring Behavior 2016
- As multi-disciplinary as it gets – At the conference you will hear about measuring all sorts of behaviors, from shopper behavior of consumers, to cows in a stall, to mice in cages, to drivers in vehicles and players on the field. Measuring Behavior includes all of those behaviors, and more, from both humans and animals.
- Methods rather than results – While most conferences focus on scientific results, Measuring Behavior focusses on methods and techniques used in scientific research. After all, without developments in methodology, science would never advance.
- First time abroad – For the first time, we’re moving to a location outside of The Netherlands! This year Ireland’s capital of Dublin will be the setting for three days of conference sessions and networking.
- Dublin, need we say more? – As just mentioned, the conference will take place in the lovely city of Dublin. Dublin was just named as one of the top cities to visit in 2016, according to Lonely Planet annual Best in Travel list. All the more reason to attend Measuring Behavior 2016!
- Innovative and ambitious host – Dublin City University (DCU) is host to Measuring Behavior 2016. This young, dynamic and ambitious university has a distinctive mission to transform lives and societies through education, research and innovation.
- Science Gallery – Dublin is also home to the Science Gallery. This innovative museum is located at the renowned Trinity campus and takes a fresh and fun look at the applications of science across a number of walks of life.
- 3 renowned keynote speakers – Each day the conference program will kick off with a keynote talk from an international renowned scientist. This year Professor Barry Smyth (Insight Centre for Data Analytics), Professor Ofer Yizhar (Weizmann Institute) and Thomas Steckler ((Janssen Research & Development) are presenting their keynote talks.
- Warm welcome – The opening reception of this edition of MB will take place in Guinness Storehouse, with one of the most stunning views over the city you can find in Dublin.
- Latest innovations and tools – Find out the latest tools, techniques and innovations at the Demonstration Showcase and exhibition, where companies will show their tools and products for behavioral research.
- 10 in 20 - It’s the 10th edition of Measuring Behavior, first organized 20 years ago in 1996. All the more reason why you shouldn’t miss this unique event!
There you have it, 10 excellent reasons to visit next year’s anniversary conference in Dublin! For more information, you can visit www.measuringbehavior.org/mb2016.